Abstract submission deadline: March 1, 2023 (23:59 CET)
Notification of acceptance of abstracts: March 15, 2023
- Abstracts may be submitted online via the congress website HERE. Abstracts submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Abbreviations must not be used in the title. The title should not be written entirely in capital letters (e.g. NOT LIKE THIS).
- Please indicate the topic from the abstract topics list and your preferred type of presentation (oral or poster). The Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- Encore abstracts will be accepted unless they have been published in scientific journals.
- Trial-in-progress abstracts will be accepted as well. Patients do not need to be enrolled but please provide the NCT.
- Please structure the abstract as follows:
- Introduction & Objectives: Describe the background and the purpose of the study
- Materials & Methods: Describe the material and methods used to design the study
- Results: Describe your results in a logical sequence
- Conclusions: Emphasise new and important aspects of the study and conclusions that are drawn from them
- The text shall not exceed 350 words excluding spaces (excluding title, authors bibliography and key words). The submission program will automatically calculate the number of characters in your abstract and will not allow submissions that exceed the maximum number of characters.
- It is acceptable to include up to two tables, graphics, or images (jpg, jpeg, png, gif format, maximum size 2 MB in total) as part of the abstract.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. Abstracts will not be edited by the Congress Secretariat prior to publication, therefore please check the grammar and spelling carefully.
- The maximum number of authors that can be listed is 20.
- Please use generic names. The use of commercial drug names, brands and registered trademarks are strictly prohibited. Drugs should be referred to by the active substance or pharmacological designation.
- No mention of pharmaceutical company names should be included in the abstract.
Patient Privacy / Clinical Photography
Photographs should at all times protect the privacy and identity of the subject. Eyes should be blacked out. The source of the photographs must also be declared if not the property of the presenter. This is to prevent the use of photographic material without permission.
Selected abstracts will be chosen for an oral presentation during the free communications sessions. The presenting author does not have to be the first author.
Abstracts selected for poster will be presented as e-Posters during the congress. Five e-Poster terminals will be available onsite for viewing in the e-Poster area. In addition, the e-posters can be viewed in the virtual platform. E-posters must be uploaded before the congress to be visible at the terminals.
The following e-Poster Tours have been added to the congress program:
– Thursday, April 20 from 12:30-13:15: Guided Poster Tour 1: Melanoma: Epidemiology and others
– Thursday, April 20 from 14:45-15:30: Guided Poster Tour 2: Melanoma: Experimental research, surgery and systemic treatment
– Friday, April 21 from 10:30-11:00: Guided Poster Tour 3: Actinic keratoses and rare skin tumors
– Friday, April 21 from 14:30-15:00: Guided Poster Tour 4: Basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma
We cordially invite you to come to the e-Poster Area for your poster category at the above times in order to present your poster (2-5 minutes) and to answer any questions from the audience. Handouts are allowed if needed. A printed version of your poster is not required as they will be e-Posters only.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the digital Book of Abstracts which will be available for download on the congress website from April 19 onwards. The Book of Abstract will also be published on the EADO website under Events & Training / EADO Congress from May 2 onwards.
Please note that the acceptance of an abstract does not include the congress registration.